What could be done better?

On Overkill you guys need to penalize players that quit in the middle of a head to head game. When losing they just quit. Not cool.

157 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • WadeWade commented  · 

I think that if someone quits you should still get your 3 points. Especially if it can be determined that they have not left the app.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I disagree.. I have to quit at times because of connection error.. The game starts my opponent is getting kills but I cannot see not one enemy.. Instead of waiting for the game to end I just quit because I do want to play and it makes no sense for me to stay in it if I cannot see anyone just my opponents trigger moving and shooting.. I don't think I should get a lost for that but I do... Now that's unfair and not cool! They need to find away to not let players play at all if their Internet signal is low.. Which makes no sense for me because u have full bars or two bars always

• CC commented  · 

Could it be possible that some of these people don't really know what they are doing/supposed to be doing & they see points being racked up by the opponent & can't seem to get hardly any? I personally can't find any directions to tell you HOW you are supposed to play....

• TriceracopterTriceracopter commented  · 

Absolutely agree that a player that drops out of a match should never be awarded the victory. But do keep in mind that many things can cause a player to have to forfeit. For example, losing internet connectivity is something your opponent has no control over. Even more common (and highly irritating) is receiving a text message or other sort of notification in the middle of a match, which can also cause the client to treat your match as a forfeit.

• PhilcatPhilcat commented  · 

Punks used to do it playing Backgammon -
        Bail out - leaving no way out.

Get default 5 OM credits from their game - that should stop that.
        The min amount to enter room - to play.
        Then a public whipping post flogging.
        Bail - Ca-Ching

• Anonymous commented  · 

I have started to take a screen shot after the opponent leaves. I have accumulated many and intend to post them soon... Somewhere. Maybe here? So, start taking a screen shot when people leave before they lose.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This happens over and over and over...player that did not leave should receive a win

Feedback and Knowledge Base